Director:Association of Architectural Aluminium Manufacturers of SA
Johan was born and raised in Pretoria and matriculated at Garsfontein High School in 1994. He graduated from the University of Stellenbosch with a BSc Wood Science (Mechanical Wood Processing) degree. He started his career as a Technical Advisor in the furniture industry and developed a passion for Fenestration Products in the Built Environment shifting his focus to glass and its versatility.
He joined the AAAMSA Group in March 2016 managing eight Associations from the glass and glazing, fenestration, ceiling and partitioning and insulation industries with a total membership of 1600 countrywide:
- AAAMSA: Fenestration Association
- ASDA: Aluminium Stockists and Distributors Association
- EPSASA: Expanded Polystyrene Association of Southern Africa
- SABISA: South African Building Interior Systems Association
- SAGGA: South African Glass & Glazing Association
- SASA: Skylight Association of Southern Africa
- SASEMA: SA Shower Enclosure Manufacturers Association
- TPMA: Thermal Panel Manufacturers Association
He also participates on SABS Workgroup and Technical Committees reviewing SANS Standards. He is member of the MBSA Board and Contractual & Legal Committee.