REQUEST FOR FORMAL WRITTEN PRICE QUOTATION
From Occupational Health and Safety Consultants
Master Builders South Africa hereby invites formal written quotations from Occupational Health and Safety Consultants for the supply of the following:
Scope of Services - “The scope of services entails the auditing of approximately 35 to 45 building sites to be entered for the 2019 MBSA National Safety Competition”.
- The judging will commence in July 2019 and will take approximately 20 to 25 audit days over a period of four to five consecutive weeks. The actual commencement date will be communicated in due course.
- VAT inclusive quotations should be valid for at least 30 days and be based on a rate per auditor per audit day. Expenses with regard to air travel, accommodation and meals should not be included in the quotation as that will be for the account of MBSA.
- The auditing will be done in terms of the Policy for Regulating the MBSA Occupational Health & Safety Audit System and National Safety Competition. A copy of the Policy will be made available on request.
- The MBSA Tender Specifications are attached for your perusal.
- The criteria for selecting the Auditor will be based on:-
- The reputation and experience of a company in performing occupational health and safety audits on large building/construction sites.
- The audit team member’s qualifications and relevant construction health and safety experience as reflected in their CVs.
- Fee quotation for the audit services.
- Quotations will be treated as confidential and MBSA reserves the right to conduct interviews, and reference enquiries.
- MBSA will not be financially liable for any withdrawal of participation by any sites at any time.
- MBSA reserves the right to: -
- Accept or reject any tender.
- Annul the tender process and reject at any time prior to the award of the contract; without thereby incurring any liability.
- Preference will be given to companies owned by persons from historically disadvantaged background. Quotations must be accompanied by the company’s BBBEE’s certificate.
Further enquiries to be directed to: -
OHS Manager: Mrs Thembi Mabuza
The Construction Industry's Health and Safety Competition had its origins in 1963, when the first Building Safety Competition was held by NOSA in collaboration with the Master Builders Association. It took place in Natal and the only facet that was adjudicated on was housekeeping. In 1964 it was held as a national competition and it was extended to two categories namely Building and Allied Trades.
Today, the competition is a comprehensive, well supported annual event, open to all Association's members and FEM policy holders. Companies compete in 10 different categories. Regional competitions are held by each of the Associations and their winners are entered into the national competition. Master Builders South Africa MBSA arranges the national judging of the sites entered for the competition. Some 40 to 50 sites are entered on an annual basis with only a small window of opportunity during which a site can be judged –usually when the work is at peak – the number of entries are always gratifying as is the extremely high standard the entrants subscribe to.
Regional as well as the National Safety award functions are held annually to pay tribute to those who excelled in Health and Safety and thus contributed towards the prevention of onsite fatalities and injuries.